Richland Creek Watershed Alliance blog

Visit our website,

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What is slag?

A stakeholder contacted RCWA asking if the "contanerzied silt removal from the tank at McCabe golfcourse along the greenway was laced with lead?" Well I cannot answer that question but I can say the large bags were marked "slag." Slag is a common term used for the by-product of smeltering metals. During my Sunday walk I noticed the work and snapped a few photos which reflect how we should not leave our work area.

No comments:

Post a Comment